Merriconeag Waldorf School is sustained by invaluable partnerships with parents who contribute time, energy, expertise and financial resources to further the school’s goals.
The possibilities for volunteering are endless: assisting with play productions, class activities, field trips; serving as class parents or on board committees; helping with school festivals and fundraising events. Through volunteering, parents to get to know one another, help to build our school community, and deepen their understanding of Waldorf education. No matter your expertise or time availability, we hope to help you find a way to become involved in the Merriconeag community.
Parent Handbook for 2013/2014
Parent Calendar for 2013/2014
Required Forms for 2013/2014
(Click on each below to download)
Extended Day Enrollment Forms 2013/2014
Snow Days and Unexpected School Closures
As the winter weather season begins, please remember: if school is closed, MWS evening events are cancelled. There are three ways to check on school closings (this information is printed on the inside cover of your school handbook/directory):
· Radio stations WGAN-AM (560), WMGX-FM (93.1), WYNZ-FM (100.9), and WPOR- FM (101.9)
· Local TV stations, Channels 6, 8 and 13
· School answering machines: Freeport Campus (EC- G8) 865-3900 and Pineland Campus
(High School) 688-8989
General Guidelines for Merriconeag EC - Grade 8 Desert Road Campus:
- If Freeport Public Schools are open, we are open.
- If Freeport Public Schools are closed, we are closed.
General Guidelines for Merriconeag High School, Pineland Campus:
- If Freeport Public Schools are closed, the High School is closed.
- If Gray/New Gloucester is closed, the High School is closed.
- If Freeport is open and Gray/New Gloucester is on a two hour delay, van riders will be dropped off at the Freeport Campus at 8:10, have supervised study hall in the Community Hall, and then be shuttled to the Pineland Campus for a 9:20 class.
WCSH 6 TV is also offering an automatic text alert for you computer or wireless phone, at the following website: http://www.wcsh6.com/weather/resources/text_alert/default.aspx
G 12 to Hermit Island for Marine Biology:
Sun, Sept 14 - Fri, Sept 15. Merriconeag seniors join seniors from other eastern seaboard Waldorf schools for a week of Marine Biology at beautiful Hermit Island.
Tues, Sept 16, 6:15 pm
G 2, 5, & 6 Parent Evenings:
Wed, Sept 17, 7:00 pm.
MS XC Race :
Thurs, Sept 18, MS XC race at Gull Crest Field in Cape Elizabeth. Cape hosts Merriconeag, Greely, Jordan Small (Raymond), and Waynflete. Boys run at 4 pm, girls at 4:30. Come on out and cheer for our middle school teams!
HS XC Race :
Fri, Sept 19. HS XC race at Freeport. Freeport hosts Merriconeag, Poland and York. Boys race at 4:30, girls at 5. We hope to see you there!
Class Photo Day:
Tues, Sept 23. (Rain date: Wed, Sept 24)
G 7 Parent Evening:
Tues, Sept 23, 7:00 pm - Grade 7 Parent Evening.
The Gift of a Commercial-Free Childhood:
Wed, Oct 8, 7 pm.
Community Hall, 57 Desert Rd, Freeport.
Donation at the door.
Dr. Susan Linn, Director of The Campaign for a Commercial-Free Childhood & Instructor in Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School will discuss the commercialization of childhood and ways to protect our children.